The oldest brick temple, Rasmancha was commissioned by Malla King Bir Hambir in 1600 CE. The temple has one inner chamber housing the idols of Radha-Krishna.
Built by Malla King Raghunath Singh in 1655 AD, The temple made of laterite bricks has an appearance of two thatched huts joined together and surmounted by a single tower.
This laterite eka-ratna temple was built in 1658 by Bir Singha II of Malla dynasty on a square raised plinth which consists of ornamental stucco decorations on low relief carvings.
This eka-ratna temple was built by Malla King Durjana Singh Dev in late 17th century that has a square flat roof with curved cornices and a pinnacle over the top.
Built by King Chaitanya Singha in 1758, the temple has a dome shaped sikhara with stucco motifs that depicts floral, geometric and life of puranas.
There are a total of 16 Terracota temples of this period. Apart from the above mentioned temples, some of the other important ones are Chhinnamasta Temple, Kalachand Temple, Krishna-Valaram Temple, Mrinmayee Temple, Pancha Ratna Temple, Patpur Temple and Sarbamangala.
Located on the banks of the Bodai River, the twin-villages of Hadal-Narayanpur is famous for the Mandal family terracotta temples that comprise of Barataraf, Mejotaraf and the Chhototaraf temples.
The tallest hill in this region, Biharinath hill is situated 97 km away from Bishnupur town. This hill was an ancient center of Jainism and the place is known for its beautiful surroundings.
A tourist village located in Bankura district, Joyrambati is famous as it was the birthplace of Sree Sarada Devi who is worshipped as the Holy Mother by the followers of Sri Ramakrishna.
Located 63 km away from Bankura town, this is a very important tourist spot here. This hill is famous for its natural Spring and Silalipi. One can also trek around this place.
Another important tourist village in this area, Mukutmonipur is famous for its earthen dam which is the 2nd largest such dam in India. This place is located about 70 km from Bishnupur.
Located around 97 km from Bishnupur, this place is famous for its dense forests and natural beauty. There is a watchtower here which offers a panoramic view of the surrounding area. The river Kangsabati flows through this forest area and the banks of this river are an ideal picnic spot.